T9 kennels Giant Schnauzers is proud to be one of the leading breeders of Giant Schnauzers in the United States. With over 20 years of experience, we have dedicated ourselves to producing healthy, well-tempered, socialized Giant Schnauzers.
Our commitment to the breed is evident in the exceptional quality of our dogs, which have excelled in conformation and performance competitions. As a family-owned and operated kennel, we prioritize the well-being and care of our dogs above all else.
We understand that choosing a breeder is a crucial decision, and we strive to provide potential owners with all the necessary information to make an informed choice. We will provide comprehensive information about our kennel and the Giant Schnauzer breed, including their history, temperament, training needs, and health concerns.
T9 Kennels Giant Schnauzers Characteristics
Regarding T9 kennels Giant Schnauzers, several key characteristics set them apart. Here are some important traits to consider. These characteristics make T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers an excellent choice for individuals or families looking for a loyal, intelligent, and protective companion.
- T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers are known for their large size and strong build, making them an imposing presence.
- They have a distinctive double coat that is dense and wiry, protecting them from the elements.
- Giant Schnauzers are highly intelligent and trainable, making them well-suited for various activities such as obedience training and agility trials.
- They are known to be loyal and protective of their families, making them excellent guard dogs.
- Despite their size, they are generally good with children and can be gentle and patient.
- Giant Schnauzers require regular exercise to keep them physically and mentally They have a tendency to be independent and sometimes stubborn, so consistent training is important.
- Regular grooming is necessary to maintain their coat’s appearance, including brushing and occasional hand-stripping.
History And Orgine Of T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
The history and origin of T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers is a fascinating story that dates back several decades. T9 Kennels is known for producing high-quality Giant Schnauzers that excel in the show ring and as family pets. The kennel’s founder, Mr. John Longacre, has been breeding and showing dogs for over 30 years, specifically focusing on the Giant Schnauzer breed.
His passion for these majestic dogs led him to establish T9 Kennels, where he carefully selects breeding pairs based on health, temperament, and conformation. The result is a line of beautiful Giant Schnauzers who possess the intelligence and loyalty that the breed is known for. Whether you are looking for a show dog or a loving companion, T9 kennels-giant Schnauzers will impress.
T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers Overview At A Glance
T9 Kennels is a reputable breeder of Giant Schnauzers, a breed known for their intelligence and loyalty. At a glance, here are some key details about T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers:
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus familiaris
- Other Names: Riesen Schnauzer, Munich Schnauzer
- Origin: Germany
- Color: Typically black or salt-and-pepper
- Breed Group: Working Group
- Height: Males typically stand between 25.5 to 27.5 inches at the shoulder, while females are slightly smaller at 23.5 to 25.5 inches.
- Weight: Adult males weigh between 60 to 85 pounds, with females weighing slightly less at 55 to 75 pounds.
- Skin Type: Thick and double-coated, protecting from the elements.
- Temperament: Giant Schnauzers are known for their alertness, confidence, and strong protective instincts. They are typically reserved with strangers but form strong bonds with their families.
- Trainability: These intelligent dogs are highly trainable and excel in obedience training. Early socialization and consistent positive reinforcement are important for their development.
- Litter Size: Giant Schnauzers generally have litters of around 4 to 8 puppies.
- Life Expectancy: On average, Giant Schnauzers live between 12 to 15 years.
- Price: T9 Kennels’ Giant Schnauzers may vary depending on lineage, pedigree, and overall quality. It is best to contact the kennel directly for pricing information.
If you’re considering adding a Giant Schnauzer to your family, T9 Kennels is a great place to start your search.
Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are known for their distinctive appearance. They have a compact and square build, sturdy body, and a well-proportioned head. Their eyes are dark and expressive, giving them an intelligent and alert look.
One of the most notable features of Longacre Miniature Schnauzers is their wiry double coat, which comes in various colors, including salt and pepper, black, and black and silver. Their facial hair forms distinctive eyebrows and a beard, adding to their charming and dignified appearance. Overall, Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are a breed that stands out for their unique and stylish look.
Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are known for their minimal shedding. Unlike many other dog breeds, they have a double coat with a soft undercoat and a wiry outer coat. This unique coat texture helps to trap loose hair and prevent it from shedding excessively.
However, it is important to note that all dogs shed to some extent, and Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are no exception. Regular grooming, including brushing and occasional trimming, can help minimize shedding and keep their coats neat and tidy. Additionally, providing a healthy diet, regular exercise, and proper grooming can help maintain the overall health of your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer and contribute to a healthier coat with less shedding.
Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are known for their friendly and intelligent temperament. They are typically loyal and loving towards their families, making them excellent companions. These dogs are also known for being alert and confident, which makes them great watchdogs.
While they can be reserved around strangers, they are generally good with children and other pets if properly socialized. Longacre Miniature Schnauzers are highly trainable and eager to please, which makes them a popular choice for obedience training and agility competitions. Their temperament makes them well-suited for families looking for a loyal and intelligent pet.
The life span of Longacre Miniature Schnauzers is typically around 12 to 15 years. However, it is important to note that individual dogs may vary, and factors such as genetics, diet, exercise, and overall health can all play a role in determining the life span of a Longacre Miniature Schnauzer.
To ensure that your beloved pet lives a long and healthy life, it is important to provide them with proper care, nutrition, regular veterinary check-ups, and plenty of love and attention. With the right care and attention, your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer can be a loyal companion for many years.
Miniature Schnauzers are famous for their high activity levels. These energetic dogs require regular exercise to keep them happy and healthy. They enjoy brisk walks, playtime in a fenced yard, and interactive games that challenge their minds. Daily exercise is important for preventing behavior problems and helping them burn off excess energy.
However, it’s important to note that each dog is unique, and their activity level may vary. Some Miniature Schnauzers may be more active than others, so assessing your dog’s needs and adjusting their exercise routine is essential.
Types Of T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
Longacre Miniature Schnauzers is a reputable breeder famous for their high-quality Giant Schnauzers. They offer a variety of types of T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers, including champions and show dogs.
- T9 kennels is famous for breeding high-quality Giant Schnauzers.
- They offer a variety of Giant Schnauzer types, including black, salt and pepper, and black and silver.
- Their Giant Schnauzers have excellent temperaments and are well-socialized.
- T9 kennels focuses on breeding healthy and structurally sound dogs that excel in the show ring and as family pets.
- They prioritize genetic health testing to ensure the long-term well-being of their dogs.
- T9 kennels provide ongoing support and guidance to puppy buyers, ensuring a smooth transition for the new addition to their families.
Size & Weight Chart
The size and weight of Longacre Miniature Schnauzers can vary depending on their age, genetics, and overall health. Here is a general size and weight chart for reference:
- 8 weeks: 4-6 pound
- 3 months: 8-12 pounds
- 6 months: 12-18 pounds
- 1 year: 15-20 pounds
- Adult: 15-25 pounds
It’s important to note that these are just average ranges, and individual dogs may fall outside these guidelines. Additionally, it’s always best to consult a veterinarian for accurate information about your Miniature Schnauzer’s size and weight. Proper nutrition, exercise, and regular veterinary care can help ensure that your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer maintains a healthy weight throughout life.
How To Care T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
Caring for kennels Giant Schnauzers requires attention to their specific needs. Here are some key points to consider. Following these care guidelines, you can provide your kennel’s Giant Schnauzer with the best possible care and ensure they lead a happy and healthy life.
- Grooming: Giant Schnauzers have a double coat that requires regular brushing and occasional hand-stripping to maintain its texture. Regular grooming appointments with a professional groomer may be necessary.
- Exercise: These dogs are active and energetic, so daily exercise is important. This includes walks, playtime in a secure yard, or even dog sports like agility or obedience training.
- Training: Giant Schnauzers are intelligent and trainable, but they can sometimes be stubborn. Consistent and positive reinforcement training methods work best with this breed.
- Socialization: Socializing Giant Schnauzers from a young age is crucial to ensure they are well-behaved and comfortable in various situations. Expose them to different people, animals, and environments to help them become well-rounded dogs.
- Health Care: Regular veterinary check-ups, vaccinations, and preventive care are essential for keeping your Giant Schnauzer healthy.
Additionally, they may be prone to certain health issues, such as hip dysplasia and eye problems, so it’s important to be aware of potential risks and monitor their health accordingly.
Here is a growth chart for Longacre Miniature Schnauzers. It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and individual puppies may vary. Diet and exercise can also impact a puppy’s growth rate. Regular veterinary check-ups are recommended to ensure that your puppy is growing at a healthy rate.
- Birth to 3 weeks: Puppies weigh around 7-12 ounces.
- 4 to 6 weeks: Puppies grow rapidly, gaining about 1-2 pounds weekly.
- Eight weeks: Puppies should weigh around 7-9 pounds.
- 3 months: Puppies typically weigh between 10-15 pounds
- 6 months: Puppies may weigh anywhere from 15-25 pounds
- One year: Adult weight is usually reached by this point, ranging from 15-20 pounds for females and 20-30 pounds for males.
Feeding Chart Of
It is important to feed your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer with a balanced and nutritious diet. Here is a feeding chart to help you ensure that your pup is getting the right amount of food based on their age and weight:
- Puppies (8-12 weeks): Feed 3-4 times a day, with each meal consisting of 1/4 to 1/2 cup of high-quality puppy food.
- Puppies (3-6 months): Reduce the number of feedings to 3 times a day, but increase the portion size to 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- Puppies (6 months – 1 year): Transition to feeding twice daily, with each meal consisting of 3/4 to 1 cup of puppy food.
- Adult dogs (1 year and older): Feed once or twice daily, depending on your dog’s preference and activity level. Each meal should consist of 1 to 1.5 cups of adult dog food.
It’s important to note that these guidelines may need to be adjusted based on your dog’s needs. Be sure to monitor their weight and adjust portion sizes accordingly. Additionally, always provide fresh water for your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer throughout the day.
The health of Longacre Miniature Schnauzers is a top priority for breeders and owners alike. These small, energetic dogs are generally healthy, but like all breeds, they can be prone to certain health conditions. It’s important to be aware of these potential issues and take steps to prevent them.
Some common health concerns in Longacre Miniature Schnauzers include hip dysplasia, eye problems such as cataracts or progressive retinal atrophy, and certain genetic disorders like von Willebrand disease.
Regular veterinary check-ups, a nutritious diet, regular exercise, and proper grooming are all important factors in maintaining the health and well-being of these beloved pets. Additionally, it is crucial to obtain your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer from a reputable breeder who conducts health screenings on their breeding dogs to ensure the puppies are healthy and free from genetic diseases.
Food & Diet Requirements
Proper nutrition is essential for the health and well-being of Longacre Miniature Schnauzers. These adorable dogs have specific food and diet requirements that should be followed to ensure their optimal health. Feeding them a high-quality dog food specifically formulated for small breeds is recommended. This will provide them with the necessary nutrients they need to thrive.
Additionally, monitoring their calorie intake and avoiding overfeeding is important, as Miniature Schnauzers are prone to weight gain. Regular exercise and portion control are crucial in maintaining a healthy weight for these dogs. Consulting with a veterinarian can help determine the best feeding schedule and portion sizes for your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer.
Grooming your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer is an important part of keeping them looking and feeling their best. Here are some key grooming tasks to keep in mind. You can help your Longacre Miniature Schnauzer maintain a healthy and well-groomed appearance by staying on top of these grooming tasks.
- Brush their coat regularly to prevent matting and remove any loose hair.
- Trim their nails regularly to keep them at a comfortable length.
- Clean their ears weekly to prevent infections and remove wax or debris buildup.
- Bathe them as needed, using a gentle dog shampoo that won’t dry out their skin.
- Please pay attention to their dental health by brushing their teeth regularly and providing dental chews or treats.
- T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers are famous for their impressive size and strength, making them an excellent choice for a larger dog breed.
- These dogs are often highly intelligent and trainable, making them easier to handle and work with.
- T9 Kennels takes pride in breeding healthy and well-socialized Giant Schnauzers, ensuring you get a quality dog.
- The large size of these dogs means they require a significant amount of space to live comfortably. They may not be suitable for apartment living or small homes.
- Giant Schnauzers can have high energy levels and require regular exercise to keep them happy and healthy. This may not be suitable for individuals who cannot commit to providing the necessary physical activity.
- Like many large breeds, T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers may be prone to certain health issues such as hip dysplasia or bloat. It is important to be aware of these potential risks and take appropriate measures to prevent or manage them.
How To Adopt T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
If you’re interested in adopting a T9 kennels Giant Schnauzer, here are some helpful bullet points to guide you through the process. Following these steps can increase your chances of successfully adopting a T9 kennel’s Giant Schnauzer and providing them with a loving forever home.
- Research T9 Kennels And Their Adoption Process. Please familiarize yourself with T9 kennels and their policies for adopting Giant Schnauzers.
- Contact T9 Kennels And Express Your Interest In Adopting. Contact T9 kennels to let them know you want to adopt one of their Giant Schnauzers.
- Complete The Adoption Application. T9 kennels will likely require you to fill out an adoption application form to help them assess your suitability as a potential adopter.
- Provide References And Undergo A Home Visit. As part of the adoption process, T9 kennels may ask for personal references and conduct a home visit to ensure their dogs will be placed in a safe and suitable environment.
- Pay The Adoption Fee. Once your application is approved, you must pay an adoption fee, which typically covers the cost of vaccinations, spaying/neutering, and other necessary medical treatments.
- Prepare Your Home For Your New Pet. Before bringing home your new T9 kennel Giant Schnauzer, ensure your home is ready to welcome them. This may include purchasing necessary supplies such as food bowls, bedding, toys, and grooming essentials.
How Much Do T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers Cost
When purchasing a Giant Schnauzer from T9 Kennels, the cost can vary depending on several factors. Here are some key points to consider:
- The price range for a Giant Schnauzer from T9 Kennels typically falls between $2,000 and $3,500.
- Factors affecting the cost include the dog’s pedigree, lineage, and show potential.
- T9 Kennels is famous for breeding high-quality Giant Schnauzers with excellent temperaments and health clearances.
- It’s important to note that purchasing a puppy from a reputable breeder like T9 Kennels ensures you get a well-bred and healthy puppy.
If you’re interested in getting a Giant Schnauzer from T9 Kennels, it’s recommended to contact them directly for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Popular Names For T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
Plenty of popular options exist for finding the perfect name for your T9 Kennels Giant Schnauzer. Here are some names that have been a hit among Giant Schnauzer owners:
These names capture the breed’s strength and regal nature and showcase their playful and loyal personalities. Remember, choosing a name is a personal decision, so choose one that resonates with you and your furry friend. Whether you choose a popular name or create something unique, your T9 Kennels Giant Schnauzer will stand out.
How To Train T9 Kennels-Giant Schnauzers
Training T9 kennels-Giant Schnauzers requires patience, consistency, and positive reinforcement. Here are some tips to help you train your Giant Schnauzer:
- Start Training Early: It is important to train your Giant Schnauzer as early as possible to establish good habits and prevent unwanted behaviors from developing.
- Use Positive Reinforcement: Giant Schnauzers respond well to positive reinforcement, such as treats, praise, and play. Rewarding them for good behavior will encourage them to repeat it.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is key when training a Giant Schnauzer. Use the same commands and cues every time and ensure all family members are on the same page with training methods.
- Socialize Your Dog: Giant Schnauzers are social dogs and need exposure to different people, animals, and environments from a young age. This will help them become well-rounded and confident dogs.
- Seek Professional Help If Needed: If you are struggling with training or have specific behavioral issues, don’t hesitate to seek help from a professional dog trainer with Giant Schnauzer’s experience.
Training takes time and effort, but you can have a well-trained T9 Kennels Giant Schnauzer with consistency and positive reinforcement.
T9 Kennels Giant is a reputable breeder that offers high-quality puppies to customers looking for a loyal and intelligent companion. The breeder is strongly committed to their dogs’ health and well-being, ensuring that each pup is up-to-date on vaccinations and receives proper care and socialization.
T9 kennels Giant Schnauzers is also dedicated to producing puppies with excellent temperament and conformation, making them suitable for various activities, such as obedience training and agility competitions. With their extensive knowledge and expertise, T9 Kennels Giant has become a trusted name in the dog breeding industry, and their commitment to breeding healthy and happy dogs is evident in the satisfaction of their customers. Overall, T9 Kennels Giant is a great choice for those seeking a top-quality Giant Schnauzer puppy.
What Sets T9 Kennels Giant Apart As Breeders?
T9 Kennels Giant is renowned for their high-quality breeding program, which focuses on producing giant schnauzers with exceptional temperament, intelligence, and conformation. They prioritize the health and well-being of their dogs.
Are The Giant Schnauzers From T9 Kennels Purebred?
Yes, the giant schnauzers from T9 Kennels are purebred. They come from well-bred parents with impressive pedigrees, ensuring the lineage of each puppy.
How Are The Reviews For T9 Kennels Giant?
T9 Kennels Giant has received glowing reviews from satisfied customers. Buyers commend their professionalism, the outstanding quality of their dogs, and the supportive adoption process.
Are The Giant Schnauzers From T9 Kennels Well-Socialized?
Yes, T9 Kennels emphasizes early socialization for their giant schnauzers, introducing them to various stimuli and interactions to develop friendly and confident temperaments.
How Do I Inquire About Purchasing A Giant Schnauzer From T9 Kennels?
To inquire about purchasing a giant schnauzer puppy, interested buyers can contact T9 Kennels through their website or by phone. They will provide information on available litter and the adoption process.